Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream

On Friday, May 14 the Homeschooling Friends Players proudly presented A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was our second production. In 2008, we performed Twelfth Night. It is always a ton of fun. The kids  really enjoy letting their inner thespians out. All of them worked really hard at a tough script and made it truly funny! I laughed long and loud and hard while I enjoyed the finished product. I directed with some dear friends so I didn't have time to photograph the show. That explains why I don't have specific photos of my darlings! I am posting some friend's pictures (thanks Lynette). There were none of Reilly or Aidan in their roles but I may post those later (thanks Margi). For now, enjoy the splendor of Performing Arts on a small scale and a limited budget! :) But a lot of heart:



"What hempen home-spuns have we swaggering her so near the cradle of the Fairy Queen?"
Our mischievous sprite Puck aka: Kate Marie
The players of the play in the play? Huh?
Tom Snout the Tinker aka: Samuel (2nd from left)




"I have a sudden craving for hay!"
Nick Bottom surrounded by fairies.


We couldn't very well call them Lovers!
Since the cast involved all homeschooled kids ages 3-17...
So here are the Friendly Friends!
Hermia aka: Reilly (3rd from left)


"I know a bank where the wild thyme blows."
Impish Puck giggles while Oberon and Titania quibble.
"I'm your spaniel!"
Too bad I don't have this in life action.
Our Helena wags her tail-end here!
HILARIOUS!

Bottom and Titania


Snug, Flute, Bottom, Snout (Samuel), Quince, and Starveling



The Cast of HSF Production of
A Midsummer Night's Dream


The Fairy Queen and her Fairies
Cobweb, Mustardseed, Moth, Peasblossom, First Fairy and fairies in training!

No comments:

Post a Comment