Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lip Sync Liberties

My side of the family is notorious for taking liberty with the lyrics of songs. Any songs. All songs. Reverent hymns, traditional carols, family favorites, pop hits. We are indiscriminate. My dad is particularly terrible and yet I can't for the life of me think of an example to quote here.

Which is why I keep this blog journal. To remember stuff.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I admit I am also free and easy with my song-singing. I make up words as I go along. So does Kate.

Tonight during family night we we were singing along to Chris Tomlin's "Glory in the Highest" and Kate's remake goes like this:

"Glory in the Highest.
God of Laryngitis"

Not exactly what I think the artist was going for but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment