Friday, April 9, 2010

TGIF

We were sitting at the dinner table enjoying family chit chat. Peter had been excused to his room--he was done eating and making dinner-time conversation less than delightful. So he went to his room. The one with the window open on this lovely day. The same room which faces our cul de sac.

In a lull in our family conversation, this is what the rest of us heard:

"Hi neighbor. You have nipples."

Oh no! Dread washed over me! It is Friday night. Mr. Johnny, a recent widower and our QUIET next door neighbor, has his grown grandchildren over for BBQ on Friday nights. A family tradition for him.

Bob raced off to remedy the social faux pas. I wiped the beverage which had squirted from my nose, off my face.

Dad returned with the situation in hand. His ready response:

"Well. He does."

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, you have the FUNNIEST family! I laughed so hard when I read this. I had to call Mario over to the computer and read it to him. I am so glad you wrote this down so you can always remember this. I LOVE that Peter!!!

    ReplyDelete